Sunday, May 3, 2009

Socks

I bought tons of sock yarn from my favorite online yarn store, grabbed my knitting needles and waited for the yarn to arrive. It did and I was sooooo excited, but wow that's a lot of socks to make!



So, naturally, like any overwhelmed knitter...

I made these kitchen hand towels instead.



And then this dishcloth...



Alright, enough fooling around...

I ignored the pile again and grabbed a pair of socks I started for Arielle before Isabelle was born. Then I put down that project to "organize" my yarn and unfinished knitting projects for a few days. But I persevered and finally finished Arielle's socks. I dragged them everywhere that my hands wouldn't be occupied by steering wheel (that one's negotiable) or Isabelle.

Here they are...



Feeling great about finishing projects, I picked up a sock I started for Isabelle a while back. It's so cute with pink fur on top. Of course, by the time I finished it the sock was way too small. Isabelle likes to play with it, so it lives in her toy box.




Now I've started a pair for Michelle - dragging them everywhere too.



I'm sure I'll be "re-organizing" my stash of yarn and unfinished projects soon. Or maybe, I'll get adventurous and pull out and "organize" my unfinished sewing and quilting projects.

Or, maybe I'll join Charlie and take a nap.

No comments: