Sunday, September 25, 2011

Downhill

My year has not improved much. Without going into it too far - because most of it is not my story to tell- I am at my peak with disasters and medical emergencies.  The good news about being on the peak is there is only downhill ahead of me. Hopefully, it will be smooth and I won't land on my face.

A happy spot in these last few months, is Aslan.  My adopted 80-pound puppy.  I looked in every shelter and humane society for months to find the perfect dog. I finally found him at an Encinitas humane society.  I couldn't have asked for a better dog. He's gentle, patient and so snuggable despite his size. 






He's just perfect.  Aslan helps fill the house with laughter and love.

Since the last year has been dark and dreary, I spruced up the blog.  It needed some happy colors.  This is the same reason why my livingroom is now a bright purplish pink.  (Don't tell Doug it's pink. He's colorblind and thinks it's a dark purple.  Who am I to burst his paint bubble?)

 I'm off to experiment with combining three different Hawaiian Meatloaf recipes for dinner.  I'll post the finalized recipe. Something sweet yet comforting is what I need right now.

No comments: