Sunday, February 28, 2010

Waving the White Flag

I madly knitted my shawl through the opening ceremonies, and that was about it except for a few rows here and there when I could.  It's difficult to knit from a graph because you constantly have to look at it, and then your kntiting to make sure you aren't messing up.   I left it on the sideboard most of the time, since I walk by it so often.  I'd grab it and do a few rows while I was standing there, then go on to do whatever I was on my way to do.  Sometimes, I could knit after Isabelle went to sleep, but not often. Here it is...


It's pretty, and the lace looks really nice when it's stretched out, but it's not the required 70".

Michelle is only done with the body, but not the arms, legs or head of her dog.  Here she is knitting away...


It's her first time knitting with double pointed needles - which means she's using 5 needles and knitting in a circle.  I'm proud of her for trying.

Michelle and I are going to knit through the closing ceremonies tonight and know we tried our best.  We didn't come close to the Gold Medal.  All we do now is "train" until the next olympics.  The Yarn Harlot faired much better in her knitting, but even she doesn't look like she's going to medal this time around.  We are in good company. 

No comments: